Monday 9 May 2011

Red



Ever since the royal wedding i've had a red squarish blob in my eye , not an actual blob , but an after image. it was the colour of that soldier -red jacket Will wore . I didn't think I'd stared THAT much , but now red is startling me . I was sitting on a  sandy tussock very early yesterday morning looking at the wide  empty bay of Holcombe - the tide way away out , when i noticed 2 bright red butterflies on a blade of grass close to my feet  .I very gently pocked one to make it spread its wings , but it collapsed into an unfurled silky  heap of red and black .


     People ask - am i painting now , and i reply: " yes yes ," ( and sometimes add : " but only in my head , or heart .")  And this powerful  red is a good example , following a thread , could be pain,  beauty, a memory , a new uncoiling . I hope its not the ketchimyaku thread - the blood line of the Buddhas - I'm not strong enough for that intensity .

             This fresh  morning was a greener one .  Neddy and i (such a good NONhunting dog ) watched a hare in the sea of wheat , and i thought how similar to a seal it was , float - bobbing,  halting to look ,and bobbing again  through the green .

 Or at least quickly drawing it gave me the same sensation . The green spread each side has to be imagined until i get more computer skilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment