Wednesday 11 May 2011

ridiculous to paint

This morning i went out early - head down - off to the sea - when i looked up , there was  a translucent blue turquoise gap in the clouds so beautiful  ,  that , it woke me right  up.  Then i thought painting it would be absurd . The very thing that moves me i dont even want to attempt . I wondered if my painting is only  therapeutic  -   amidst that longing -  something a painter friend i deeply admire is completely dismissive of ,  and i hoped i too had a grander vision . I haven't , as  what can be grander than that moment of sky .




  I was bothered all through my walk , an image of my  big messy watercolour lying on the floor wasnt encouraging , and  i nearly got cut off by the fast quiet sea , slipping up behind me. We , (Neddy and i)   were the other side of that water wanting to reach the distant  green buoy . 

(  The fence  i didn't like , for the seals protection, has gone, as have the seals , not even a single slither print left  in the sand .)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment