Sunday 1 May 2011

earth

walking alongside the wheat field , i was sad to see that most of the flints are hidden,   and the earth when i put my hand through the green stalks , is hard and dusty dry . the underground angel is a wisp . And that large stretch of deep green wheat  above seemed uncannily strong .


 A wisp of a face .


          The other side of the path the dandelions were flourishing, I've never seen so  many pink stalks and fluff .


In the shade they still beam  yellow in flower , and will again . Dandelions were one of  the  1st flowers i noticed as a child . so i paint them .( The violets too are bigger and happier than ever this spring.)


I thought it was the 1st time i'd wanted to paint  the dry earth, and strong wheat , but in my studio i noticed  an old painting with the same sense . So ,I'm painting the same thing over and over and over  - in different ways but its all the same search  . One difference now though, is, since my show has opened its all going on one large bit  of paper , AND I'm blogging bits of it ,why and for how long i don't  completely know .





No comments:

Post a Comment