Friday 8 April 2011

Hen, birds, and a bee.


 Early this morning mrs Brown was making a peculiar noise, as if she was stuck , i went out  in my dressing gown , and she was just pleased to see me and wagging her tail and telling me i was missing a beautiful beginning of the day .



 I fetched my coffee  and toast , and neddy of course , and sat  in a shady corner of the garden ,
watching. . A Jackdaw was making its nest  - carrying twigs as big as itself to the chimney opposite , sparrows fluttered in the sunlight their wings transparent , an obese pigeon sat on the wall , and there was 1 bee in a purple sort of dead nettle flower , but a wonderful shock  - the patch of sky above was split for a second by the sharp v of a house martin arriving back

   .
            I'm now wondering if it was a swallow just checking up on its way somewhere more watery .



    That would suit me as this IS a swallow in spain .The  only remaining part of a huge painting that i cut    up , so at least  I'm giving the bird a  chance to  live on .

No comments:

Post a Comment