Tuesday 12 April 2011

smiling slug

 I've happily  allowed a slug to distract me - the worms have gone - It's beautiful bright sunny weather , but I'm stressed and need ,  to laugh at myself .   People , dogs , hens , music , tulips, walking by the sea ,  are all very fine , but I'm drawn to the compost heap . For the 3rd day running the slug has remained on the inner ledge beneath the lid , i decided to paint it , and realized i couldn't be bothered to do the intricate patterns on its body , so i left it feeling a bit silly . Half an hour later i returned , i decided to scoop it up , have a  closer look , but it wouldnt scoop , it curled up , shrank . I stood back and it curled under the rim and smiled , it returned to its large size and smiled like i drew it .
I know , i know slugs dont have eyes like that , or normally look so fishy , but this one did THEN, there was that eye dent  ( i've noticed that before , those wierd holes in their sides )


1 comment:

  1. What a lucky slug to have a gardner who is more interested in finding a slugs eyes than saving the vegtables.

    ReplyDelete