Tuesday 5 April 2011

The plate

 Yesterday I bought a plate for 50p , from the shop opposite . Neddy and i were walking back from a windy walk , and i saw it  in a cardboard box on the pavement , with a collection of awkward looking china . It isnt  gaudy welsh -  my favorite pattern , but the pleasure it gives me obsesses and baffles me .




   A roll of paper had got in the way in my studio , from the disruption of getting stuff out to frame for my show , about 4ftx 5ft  remained , and as i stood it up  , i realized i wanted to paint on it , and that the blooming plate would have to go in  . A bit daft doing a plate in watercolour , a bit daft doing an enormous water colour - well from the point of view of selling - but its already very intriguing , and a  miracle plant i found flowering in an icy ploughed field last month , dead now , has already got on the paper ,and much will happen  ,  there's plenty of space , and then everything will be covered in earth , only in  a sense . There is a link with a photo my son Joseph sent me of earth . Best not to write out more until i've DONE more .

No comments:

Post a Comment